Photos are the best way to capture a memorable moment. Everyone likes to take pictures & store them forever, so that they can relive the moment any time by accessing those photographs. External hard drives are generally used to store pictures & other important files & folders. But what happens when something goes wrong with your external hard drive & you are not able to view or access any of the images?
It is commonly believed that external hard drives are more secure & can keep your data safe. But every coin has two sides. External hard drives might also face serious data loss conditions. Some of them are mentioned below –
In all the above mentioned situations, it is believed that the images are lost forever. But this is not the reality. The operating system just marks the space as available, but the content of that file is preserved until it is overwritten by some other file.
Using this tool, you can recover files from Western Digital external hard drive of the formats such as JPEG, JPG, TIFF, TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD & RAW photos created by digital cameras. It is capable of performing external hard drive data recovery on Mac as well as windows both with 32-bit & 64-bit OS. To know the detail procedure of recovery on Mac and Windows, you can visit the respective page. You can preview the recovered pictures before saving it to the desired drive.
1. Download & install the software & run it.
2. From the main screen select “Recover Photos” option.
3. Select one of the options from “Recover Deleted Photos” & “Recover Lost Photos” according to your requirement.
4. Choose the external hard drive from which the images got deleted or lost & click “Next”.
5. Preview & save the recovered pictures on the desired location.